SSEL's Six Sigma On-Demand Black Belt eCourse is self-paced eLearning
available 24/7. The certification program trains students to effectively use
the same tools that are taught in the classroom, yet with the flexibility of
doing it on their own time. SSEL offers an intensive program that instructs
students in the advanced concepts and tools Black Belts need to successfully
identify, define, implement and close Six Sigma projects.
SSEL's On-Demand Black Belt eCourse training is technically challenging to
ensure that all graduates have the skills to implement solutions and produce
The On-Demand Black Belt consists of a series of online lectures, integrated
with homework and project assignments. Students are assigned a dedicated Master
Black Belt instructor to provide support through their coursework and project
completion. This structure ensures students are comfortable applying Six Sigma
techniques and tools properly. All coursework, quizzes, homework and exams are
completed online, allowing students to go through the material at their own
pace. Students also work on a Black Belt project and pass a comprehensive exam
prior to achieving certification.
This online certification program involves approximately 180 hours of study
consisting of Macromedia Flash™ and Real Player lectures, homework, quizzes,
project work and exams. The average time to complete Black Belt training is 20
weeks, although each student has access to the system for one year from the
start of training.
Six Sigma Black Belt On-Demand eCourse Covers the Following:
- Six Sigma from 50,000 Feet
- Six Sigma Literally Speaking
- Six Sigma Roles and Phases
- DMAIC for Teams
- Project Scoping
- Project Definition
- Introduction to Minitab
- Introduction to Statistics
- Data Collection
- Process Mapping and C&E Tools
- Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY)
- Introduction to Lean
- Advanced Basic Statistics
- Attribute Measurement Systems Analysis
- Variable Measurement Systems Analysis
- Capability Analysis
- Understanding Graphs
- Correlation and Simple Linear Regression
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Central Limit Theorem
- Confidence Intervals
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Basic Hypothesis Testing
- Variance and Sigma Testing
- Proportions Testing
- Contingency Tables and Chi Square
- Sample Size for Hypothesis Tests
- One-Way ANOVA
- Introduction to DOE
- Predictor Evaluation with Attribute Data
- Introduction to Logistic Regression
- Randomized Block Design
- 2k Factorial Experiments with Centerpoints
- and Blocking
- Fractional Factorial Experiments
- Advanced Regression
- Black Belts as Pioneers
- Control Phase Tools and Methods
- Project Closure
- Introduction to SPC
- Survey Design and Analysis
- Introduction to DFSS
Included In Your Purchase:
- Access for 1-year featuring interactive lectures, homework,
quizzes, and discussion boards.
- All Black Belt exams and quizzes.
- A dedicated Master Black Belt assigned to answer questions,
provide guidance and review project work.
- Threaded discussion groups where students can share ideas
and pose questions to peers and/or instructors.
- Black Belt Certification upon program completion.
- SSEL’s eBlack Belt is IACET accredited for 18 CEUs.
Additional Course Requirements:
A computer running Microsoft Office is required.
MINITAB software is required (version 14 or above).
Minimum System Requirements
333MHz CPU or faster
128MB of RAM
- 56K, DSL or Broadband Internet Connection
Soundcard, speakers or headphones
- 800x600, 16-bit color monitor
Windows 98se, NT, 2000 or XP
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Flash Player 6.0.40 or later
- Additional configuration settings may be needed
Six Sigma Black Belt eCourse Access Time: 1 Year